With theme Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality, the 2019 High-Level Political Forum gathers 197 member states to review the implementation of the SDGs, identifying gaps and lessons learned. The set of goals to be reviewed in depth at this years Forum is as follows:
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Check out this summary of the SDG2 side events at HPLF 2019.